4092 Skippack Pike, P.O. Box 880 Skippack, PA 19474
Phone: 610-584-1160 1505 |Office Phone: 610-584-1160 | Fax: 267-354-6985
Cell: 610-256-9619 | firstname.lastname@example.org
< Back to My Blog
September 12, 2017 2:02 am
When a hurricane is on the way, it's important to batten down the hatches--including your AC unit. One Hour Heating & Air Conditioning recommends homeowners follow these quick tips for AC and general home prep:
- Turn off gas and electricity to your home to ensure safety if the water rises.
- Close all exterior crawl space vents and tape them off to prevent moisture from getting in.
- If your home is on a crawl space, have a battery backup with batteries in the upper floor of your home.
- Tie down the exterior air conditioning unit to keep it from washing away.
- If your home floods, make sure to have a Certified HVAC Technician inspect your A/C and furnace before you turn it back on.
- Do not wait until bad weather is here to shut off power to the AC unit.
Published with permission from RISMedia.
Copyright© 2017 by eWebEngine - A Division of Lone Wolf Real Estate Technologies
Each RE/MAX office is independently owned and operated
RE/MAX 440, PA